Encouraging active and sustainable travel for the commute has great benefits for your organisation and the well-being of your staff.
Benefits of a more active workforce for you as a business include:
- Employees who are more active are more likely to be productive at work
- A healthier workforce and reduced absenteeism
- Free up car parking spaces for customers and visitors – 1 car is the equivalent to 10 bicycle spaces!
- Improved corporate image – encouraging active travel reduces environmental impact and shows your commitment to the local community and the environment. It can also help you in working towards your Corporate Social Responsibility targets.
We can offer you free tailored guidance and support to help you encourage your staff and visitors to use sustainable and active travel for their commute. Check out the free support on offer below and get in touch for more information.
Click each box below to find out how we can support your business:
Business Travel Plan
Having a business travel plan shows your organisation’s commitment to travel and willingness to encourage alternatives to the car. This has great benefits not just to your organisation in respect to congestion, parking pressures and air quality, but also for the well-being of your staff too such as:
- More reliable journey times
- Cost savings
- Improved mood, lowered stress and increased levels of concentration
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Improved joint mobility
- Better mental health
We can support your organisation to create a free Travel Plan through Modeshift STARS Business which is the centre for excellence and national awards scheme that recognises businesses that have shown excellence in supporting cycling, walking and other forms of sustainable travel.
To register your business today, please visit: https://www.modeshiftstars.org/contact-us/stars-business/
Personalised Journey Plans
Providing your staff with the option to create their own personalised journey plan will bring them the benefit of knowing all of the different travel options available to them so that they could save time, save money and get fitter on their journey to work.
Encouraging alternative travel options to single occupancy car travel can benefit both your employees and the business.
Click the image below and get a FREE personalised journey plan today!
Cycle Confidence sessions
Having the confidence to ride the roads is paramount to get more people cycling. To overcome this barrier, we are able to offer your staff free places on our cycle confidence sessions which can either be in small groups or 1-1. For more detail visit the Cycling page.
Tips for Businesses
So how can you encourage your staff to travel more sustainably and consider other ways of commuting to work instead of the car?
- Provide secure and sheltered cycle parking with clear signage and communicate this across your business.
- Set up a Bike User Group in your organisation to promote cycling, share ideas and offer support.
- Provide showers and/or changing facilities, lockers and clothes drying rooms to help your staff walk or cycle to work.
- Set up a car share scheme and offer members of the scheme great benefits like preferential parking.
- Promote public transport options to staff and offer a corporate discount scheme.
- Offer sustainable travel information to visitors prior to their visit to help them plan the best way of reaching your business, whilst considering a range of different transport options.
- Organise commuter challenges to prompt staff to consider other ways of getting to work; this may include walking challenges where the staff member who walks the most receives a special prize!
We can offer you lots more hints and tips and are here to help provide you with any free tailored guidance and support you may want to encourage your staff and visitors to use sustainable travel more.
Want to find out more? Just use the contact us page and a member of the team will be in touch.